[Stackless] Bring Stackless.py in line with C based Stackless

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Dec 2 19:36:41 CET 2009

On 12/2/09 7:02 PM, Richard Tew wrote:
> 2009/12/2 Kristján Valur Jónsson<kristjan at ccpgames.com>:
>
>> You are right.  My current plan is to 1) better abstract the round-robin scheduling away from the stackless core
>> and
>> 2) provide tasklet priority as an experimental patch to that.
>>
>> 1) is important, I think, because it will also help to untangle some messy parts of stackless, but there are many places to visit, and the project lost a bit of steam.  it's still going on, though.
>>
> On a related note, I wonder whether we should consider removing become
> and capture.

+1 from my side.

These features had some attraction, and CCP was using them a lot in the
early days, but meanwhile I think they are artifacts which should
better vanish in favor of cleaner concepts.

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
14109 Berlin                 :     PGP key ->  http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/