[Stackless] Exception passing patch

Peter Ingebretson pingebre at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 00:04:04 CET 2009

> The ability to pass exception instances caught in one
> context, to be raised eventually in another.. it does
> not seem like a good programming practice.

In general I agree with this, but in some specific cases I have found it useful to be able to treat method invocations and "worker" tasklets in a homogeneous manner.

This makes it possible to transparently turn a method call into a worker tasklet.  In order for this to be fully transparent, worker tasklets need to be able to propagate exceptions up to their owner in the same manner as invoked methods can propagate exceptions up to their caller.

> But I do not think there is a reason to deprecate the
> old behaviour.

I agree, I am convinced that the old behavior should not be changed at this time (except possibly to support a third traceback argument).

Thanks,
Peter