[Stackless] Fwd: Stackless Python included in the Softpedia Mac OS software database

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Dec 25 01:54:37 CET 2009

On 12/24/09 5:51 PM, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> On Dec 24, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
>
>> Today I got notified about this entry in SoftPedia.
>>
> I've received several of these, including for a package I haven't touched in 6 years and which depends on a commercial library that I don't think anyone has purchased in the last 5 years.
>
> I've ignored them.
Not that I think it is a problem in this case, but in general:

I do want to know who uses our project, i.e. uses it as a vehicle
for something, and finally might impose the impression that we
are supportive or appreciating being listed, because we are pulled
in the boat as being passively associated with them.
As a simple example: I would not like being listed if we would
be associated with some advertisement we don't like, or if they
represent a certain political direction, or <many possibilitis>.
So at least they add the necessity of being and staying aware.

This extra effort pays off if they add a lot of extra popularity,
given we are interested in that at all. Otherwise I will reject.
I cannot simply ignore being listed under somebody's umbrella.

maybe I'm over-reacting - merry christmas -- chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
14109 Berlin              :     PGP key ->  http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/