[Stackless] Stackless Python 3.0.1 progress

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:46:04 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> I merged in the Python 3.0.1 changes to our Stackless release30-maint
> branch last night.
>
> There was a crash bug related to garbage collection of dictionary
> views encountered by running the Stackless unit tests, which Kristjan
> Valur has kindly fixed.  Also, there are two failing unit tests in the
> Python test suite.  These are yet to be fixed.
>
> Once the remaining issues are addressed, it will be released.

Kristjan and I have fixed all the previously known issues.

However, I encountered a new one after committing some of the later
fixes.  Reproducing it is rather involved:
1. Export a copy of the release30-maint svn directory.
2. Compile a debug version in Visual Studio 2008.
3. Run the stackless unit tests.
4. The unit test which tests registered scheduling events get called
at correct times, fails.
5. It won't reproduce unless all the above steps are followed.

Tortoise SVN failed to merge in a range of files, including a unit
test.  This adds a further step of complication to the merging
process, requiring hand-verification of all changes as part of it.