[Stackless] crash in stackless 2.5.2

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:07:03 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:07 AM, thejas c r <thejascr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anybody let me know if this is already fixed in later versions.
>
> This bug is new.
>
>> If not what additional information would be needed to fix this?
>
> There are two possible causes off the top of my head.  The first is
> your compiler.  The possibility exists that it does not handle the
> inline assembly in the MIPS support well, and generates flawed code.
> The second is the MIPS support.  It may be that this is flawed and
> needs correction.  The way I would proceed to look into and fix this,
> would be to find a MIPS machine and reproduce it repeatedly, debugging
> it.
>
> In the meantime, you might consider using different versions of GCC.

It is also interesting to note that there are some slight differences
to the Stackless and Py versions of the MIPS support.  I do not know
why these lines are commented out in the Stackless version.  You might
try the Py version and see if that makes a difference:

The Stackless version:
http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/trunk/Stackless/platf/switch_mips_unix.h

The Py version:
http://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk/py/c-extension/greenlet/switch_mips_unix.h