[Stackless] finding numpy

Chris Lee c.j.lee at tnw.utwente.nl
Fri Jan 2 16:22:28 CET 2009

Using a normal install (not altinstall), I had no problems using numpy
with stackless. If I had to guess I would say that the problem is that
numpy is installed in the site-packages for the normal install but
that site-packages is not in the path for the alternative install. Try
installing numpy in a local directory and append that to the python
path followed by an import e.g.:

homePath = os.path.expandvars('$HOME')
sys.path.append(homePath+'/lib/python/')
import numpy

hope this helps
Cheers
Chris

On Jan 1, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Alan Bromborsky wrote:

> I did an alternative install of stackless 'make altinstall' and
> tried to use it with 'numpy' and got the error cannot import numpy.
> Numpy is on my system and work with standard python.  What must I do
> to use numpy with stackless?

Chris Lee
Laser Physics and Nonlinear Optics Group
MESA+ Research Institute for Nanotechnology
University of Twente
Phone: ++31 (0)53 489 3968
fax: ++31 (0)53 489 1102