[Stackless] stackless & wxpython in one app?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 11:47:06 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
> I have tried that but found that my stackless threadlets are not fired.
>
> On my server I had ended up putting a while 1: around stackless.run() to
> ensure that stackless keeps on running for me.
> This is of course incompatible with starting the wxpython main loop.

I am sure there are many ways you could go.  Of course, the work
involved in evaluating these is not something I have done.

- You could start a second tasklet and run the wxPython main loop in
that, then have some code in wxPython call stackless.schedule().
Perhaps in EVT_IDLE events.
- You could start a second thread and run the wxPython main loop in that.