[Stackless] stackless & wxpython in one app?

Paul Sijben sijben at eemvalley.com
Tue Jan 6 14:51:18 CET 2009

Ah, I found that the root cause of my problem is a good old-fashioned
dead-lock.
My stackless micro-thread is not a real thread so it gets blocked when I
await the output of another micro-thread.

So some redesign of my code is in order...

Richard Tew wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
>
>> I have tried that but found that my stackless threadlets are not fired.
>>
>> On my server I had ended up putting a while 1: around stackless.run() to
>> ensure that stackless keeps on running for me.
>> This is of course incompatible with starting the wxpython main loop.
>>

> I am sure there are many ways you could go.  Of course, the work
> involved in evaluating these is not something I have done.
>
> - You could start a second tasklet and run the wxPython main loop in
> that, then have some code in wxPython call stackless.schedule().
> Perhaps in EVT_IDLE events.
> - You could start a second thread and run the wxPython main loop in that.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

Paul Sijben                    	tel: +31334566488
Eemvalley Technology BV       	fax: +31334557523
the Netherlands                	http://eemvalley.com
EemValley Technology werft python & wxpython
programmeurs: http://www.eemvalley.nl/jobs