[Stackless] announcing Concurrence Framework

Henk Punt henkpunt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:00:41 CET 2009

You guessed right :-)

Anyway, concurrence already contains a 'asynchronous' implementation
of a driver for MySQL,
so there is no threading issues there..., all the communication is
handled async in the background with
the database (it is just a tcp/socket connection afterall) so no
threads used. high-level API is DBAPI compatible (blocking style).
I currently use concurrence in combination with SQLAlchemy/MySQL with
no threads and this works fine...

For any other db, 2 possibilities:

1) implement async driver for given database
2) implement some wrapper for existing DBAPI drivers using OS-level
threads in the background... (this is what Twisted does)