[Stackless] 'Normal' sys.path being used instead of Stackless one

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 00:31:34 CET 2009

I am embedding Stackless 2.5.2 in a C++ application on Windows XP. It
compiles and runs fine, and can execute simple Python strings without
difficulty, but when it imports modules it is using the sys.path for
my main Python installation, which doesn't include any the Stackless
directory or therefore any of the Stackless specific modules.

So I was wondering:

1) Why does this happen?  I'm guessing it comes from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.5\PythonPath in the
Windows registry. (Referencing
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-August/221621.html
.)

2) How can I make it only look in my Stackless installation? I am not
in a position to overwrite my normal install with the Stackless
binaries or make any system-wide changes that will impact other Python
programs, such as altering that registry key.

--
Ben Sizer