[Stackless] 'Normal' sys.path being used instead of Stackless one

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:20:32 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Why does this happen?  I'm guessing it comes from
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.5\PythonPath in the
> Windows registry. (Referencing
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-August/221621.html
> .)

Probably.  This is a standard Python thing, Stackless can only be
installed as the Python installation of a given version, it can't run
cleanly side-by-side and this is not going to change.

> 2) How can I make it only look in my Stackless installation? I am not
> in a position to overwrite my normal install with the Stackless
> binaries or make any system-wide changes that will impact other Python
> programs, such as altering that registry key.

Write a bat script to launch your application and modify the relevant
environment variables Python uses there?