[Stackless] 'Normal' sys.path being used instead of Stackless one

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:14:59 CET 2009

2009/1/19 Stack Less <stackless123 at gmail.com>:

> Wouldn't just 'import sys' and modifying sys.path at the start of the python
> script fix all of this?

If you know where the Stackless installation lives on that particular
computer, yes. In other cases, no. I suppose in my case I can copy all
the libs to the app's data directory and set the path to point at
that.

I was just interested in how an embedded normal Python app can do the
'right' thing and an embedded Stackless app would do the 'wrong'
thing, and it appears to be down to the Python installer setting that
registry entry. With it manifesting as a system that half works, it
can be unintuitive to debug. I can think of workarounds that could be
included into Stackless, but I'm just intrigued as to why this has
never come up before.

--
Ben Sizer