[Stackless] 'Normal' sys.path being used instead of Stackless one

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:52:11 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just interested in how an embedded normal Python app can do the
> 'right' thing and an embedded Stackless app would do the 'wrong'
> thing, and it appears to be down to the Python installer setting that
> registry entry. With it manifesting as a system that half works, it
> can be unintuitive to debug. I can think of workarounds that could be
> included into Stackless, but I'm just intrigued as to why this has
> never come up before.

What it comes down to is what happens when you are embedding the
latest 'release26-maint' branch and you have the release version
installed?

This to me is the crux of the matter.  This is, I assume, a standard
Python problem.  If you get it when embedding a Stackless modification
of an installed release version, you should get it when embedding a
standard revision which differs from the installed release version.
If that is not the case, we need to look at why and change Stackless
to fit the standard behaviour.