[Stackless] 'Normal' sys.path being used instead of Stackless one

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:48:43 CET 2009

2009/1/19 Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>:
> Sure.  But if socket isn't compiling, I personally consider it worth
> getting it to compile and working out why it didn't as I consider its
> failure to compile unexpected and unacceptable.

It looks like Python expects the Windows build environment to not have
inet_pton or inet_ntop. It does, at least on Visual C++ 2008 Express
Edition, but they're not in the WS2_32.DLL. An examination of the
constants in the relevant header makes it look like Visual C++ is
building with Vista as the minimum target, as presumably the Vista
version of the DLL has those functions. Sadly I can't find out why it
is building for Vista (I'm on XP SP2) but will look into it further.

--
Ben Sizer