[Stackless] version bump question

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:26:06 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Craxy Z <craxyz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm wandering will there be a stackless-python 2.5.4? cause

There certainly should be.  I seem to have overlooked any 2.5 releases
past 2.5.2.

> in some product enverionment, we're not ready to upgrade to 2.6 or
> 3.0. If not, may I just apply the stackless 2.5.2 patch to standard
> python 2.5.4? Is that ok?

You could certainly try, if you need it before I get around to it.
What do you use Stackless for, can I ask?

Once you've applied the changes, run the Python unit tests.  Then run
the Stackless unit tests.  If both of these pass without errors,
you're in good shape.

Next compile Stackless with STACKLESS_OFF defined, and run the Python
unit tests again and ensure they pass.

Given all of these passing, you would have a good reason to believe
that your patched Stackless is stable.