[Stackless] tackless & py2exe

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:06:31 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
> In packaging my stackless project with py2exe I find that the stackless
> module can not be found.
>
> What do I need to do to make py2exe play nice with stackless?

I have no experience with py2exe.  I can only speculate that py2exe
has most likely pulled in your standard non-Stackless version of the
Python dlls.

Note that on Windows, the Python installation for a given version of
Python, places the 'pythonXX.dll' file in 'C:\Windows\System32'.  It
may be that py2exe looks there.  Then again, py2exe may run the
version of Python you invoke it with, do the standard Windows DLL
location mechanics and work out where it actually gets them from.
This may be 'System32' or it may be the same directory 'python.exe' is
located in.

The first thing I would look at, is whether I ran py2exe with the
Stackless 'python.exe'.