[Stackless] unpickling blocked tasklets

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Jan 30 20:45:24 CET 2009

Andrés Tremols schrieb:
>  Alright, answering myself.. I found that set_atomic(True) can make
> blocked tasklets run after unpickling. Wonder what would be the optimal
> way use it as probably it involves a performance penalty.
>
> 2009/1/30 Andrés Tremols <andtretug at gmail.com <mailto:andtretug at gmail.com>>
>
>      Hello,
>
>      After experimenting for a while with stackless I found that I can't
>     insert back into the scheduler tasklets that were blocked at the
>     moment of pickling, I wonder if there is a way around this
>     restriction as for my purposes I need the network of running
>     tasklets to be restored (unpickled) even if some of them are
>     blocked. Any ideas welcome.

I'm wondering:
If your tasklet is blocked, then it must be in a channel.
But then this channel should get pickled as well, and the
preferred(tm) way to unblock such a tasklet is to reactivate
them via the channel they are blocking on.

This is the theory, but I might be missing something.

cheers - chris