[Stackless] irc threads

Adam Bark adam.jtm30 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:31:26 CEST 2009

2009/7/8 Rach <rachie at oasiz.net>

> Hello,
> I am new to Python, but playing with an irc server (made with python of
> course) and am finding a problem with accepting more than 1000
> users/connections.
> I've googled for a while and ended up here as it appears to be something to
> do with the "thread stack limit". Does anyone know if that is correct and if
> stackless python will help?

If your using a seperate thread per user/connection then I would suspect
that you are right. Stackless should be able to help as you can have tens of
thousands of tasklets on a normal PC.

> If so, do you think the edits will be huge?
> The only real threading bit is this: threading.Thread.__init__(self)
> Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Erm.. without seeing your code it's hard to say for sure but you should just
be able to switch the thread making bit with making a tasklet from the same
bit of code.