[Stackless] irc threads

Henning Diedrich hd at authentic-internet.de
Wed Jul 8 23:00:22 CEST 2009

> I'd bet it's not nearly so simple.  Probably you are using threads
> because they do blocking socket IO.
> Stackless is not going to (directly) help with that -- and if you
> don't know what I'm talking about, then even
> the explanation is fairly lengthy... taking a look here might help:

Isn't simply: Stackless tasklets, when blocking on IO, block the whole
system thread, and thus, all other tasklets that are using the same thread?

And Richard pointed (here:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=533250) to a
solution he has created for it that, which is not 'StacklessIO':
http://code.google.com/p/stacklessexamples/wiki/StacklessNetworking

As StacklessIO, for what I understood, solves exactly that problem?

Regards,
Henning