[Stackless] channel.balance wrong?!

Paul Sijben sijben at eemvalley.com
Fri Jul 10 16:48:08 CEST 2009

I tracked down a bug in my code that occasionally popped up to
channel.balance being wrong sometimes.

Some part of my code can not afford to block, so it checks the balance
wheter it should send something into the channel. If there is a receiver
waiting on it, that is fed by a send and the sender  will not block. Now
I find that just occasionally the process stalls because there is a
receiver waiting but the sender does not send as channel.balance==0
instead of -1!

I am running the current 2.6.2 version of stackless
(Python 2.6.2 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (python-2.6.2:73804M, Jul  3 2009,
11:33:51) )

Is this issue known, and possibly solved in svn?

Paul

--
Paul Sijben                    	tel: +31334566488
Eemvalley Technology BV       	fax: +31334557523