[Stackless] channel.balance wrong?!

Chris Jacobson mainecoon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:53:24 CEST 2009

I can think of at least one situation when this could occur, involving
Channel Preference of 1 (Sender):

Channel N is created with preference 1
Tasklet A and B start
Tasklet A runs, receives on N, and blocks
Tasklet B sees N has balance -1, so sends to N.  Due to Preference, B will
not yield, instead A is placed at end of runnables queue.  The channel's
balance is now 0.
Tasklet B continues running, sees N has a balance of 0, so does not send.
Repeat ad infinitum.  Tasklet B never explicitly schedules or gets blocked
otherwise, and so A never wakes up.