[Stackless] irc threads

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:11:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Richard Tew<richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Python's wrapping of it adds this constraint.  This is interesting to
> find out, it implies that 'stacklesssocket' needs to be rewritten at
> some point to either aggregate sockets into lumps of less than 512 to
> pass to select, or to be rewritten to use IOCP on Windows.  But that

I've implemented a basic one script ctypes wrapping of IOCP that
serves on localhost port 10101 and accepts any incoming connections.
At some later point, I may polish it and make it into an alternate
stacklesssocket module.

But for now, it might be able to be used to determine how many
connections can be made to an IOCP-based solution.  It's not
guaranteed I have configured it correctly.  There's definitely some
wonky things going on, but it appears to basically work.