[Stackless] irc threads

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:11:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Richard Tew<richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Python's wrapping of it adds this constraint.  This is interesting to
> find out, it implies that 'stacklesssocket' needs to be rewritten at
> some point to either aggregate sockets into lumps of less than 512 to
> pass to select, or to be rewritten to use IOCP on Windows.  But that

I've implemented a basic one script ctypes wrapping of IOCP that
serves on localhost port 10101 and accepts any incoming connections.
At some later point, I may polish it and make it into an alternate
stacklesssocket module.

http://code.google.com/p/pyiocp/source/browse/01%20-%20Work%20in%20Progress/03%20-%20Serving.py

But for now, it might be able to be used to determine how many
connections can be made to an IOCP-based solution.  It's not
guaranteed I have configured it correctly.  There's definitely some
wonky things going on, but it appears to basically work.