[Stackless] Question on Building Stackless Py3k

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 21:47:11 CEST 2009

Hi Folks:

I am trying to build Python 3.1a2 on an Amazon EC2 AMI (2.6.16-xenU SMP Athlon i386).

I get the following error

Python build finished but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found

_dbm _gdbm _sqlite3 _tkinter bz2 readline.

Since these modules are not present, a few tests fail.

What exactly should I do to the setup.py detect_module() to get stuff to build properly? I also get complaints about not having urlfetch. I will assume I need this too. Thanks in advance.