[Stackless] Falcon - new programming language

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 15:30:13 CEST 2009

Hi Folks:

--- On Mon, 6/15/09, stackless-request at stackless.com <stackless-request at stackless.com> wrote:

> Falcon is a "new" programming language with a features very
> interesting, as:
>
> * a native coroutine system

Well I think coroutines are an idea whose time has come back. What is interesting is figuring out what a language needs to stay one step ahead of the pack.

>When using Falcon you are not limited to a single programming
> style, you blend them together or pick one and build your program
> using the style you chose.

I downloaded and glanced at the "Survival Guide." Some quick take-aways.
1) I think the Event Marshalling feature is neat: the language I work on, WS-BPEL has this (I have to implement this in Stackless). 2) The language has quite a bit of documentation.