[Stackless] What goes on behind the scenes?

Horace Blegg tkjthingone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:27:18 CEST 2009

Greetings Stackless-Python-Mailing-list-people-things...

Anyway! I'm currently slogging through the source code for stackless as time
allows (work + school = no free time), and finding it rather interesting. I
was wondering if there was another resource other the comments in the code
and my own knowledge (not excellent) of C that would help me follow
stackless's source? (other than lots of time + sheer brainpower, which is my
current approach)

I mainly interested in what happens behind the scenes when someone makes a
tasklet (or tasklets), what happens while it's running, and how the
interpreter/(scheduler?) keeps track of/handles tasklets (if at all?), etc,
for an academic/pet project. Expanding my horizons, for lack of a better
reason.

I've been browsing the stackless ML archives @
http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/ but the format is driving me
batty (google groups has spoiled me)

Cheers for anything you can throw my way!