[Stackless] What goes on behind the scenes?

andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 15:47:53 CEST 2009

Hi Horace:

>I mainly interested in what happens behind the scenes when someone makes a
>tasklet (or tasklets), what happens while it's running, and how the
>interpreter/(scheduler?) keeps track of/handles tasklets (if at all?), >etc, for an academic/pet project. Expanding my horizons, for lack of a >better reason.

I am in the same boat. One of these days I would like to give a talk about Stackless Python to my local Python group and I would like to include an under-the-hood section.

For behind the scenes, I would suggest reading Christian Tismer's "Continuations and Stackless Python" paper and maybe Gordon McMillan's PEP 219 for an overview of the issues.