[Stackless] Performance problems in Python for Nanodesktop

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:03:41 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Filippo Battaglia<pegasus2000 at email.it> wrote:
> Hi, I'm working on a version of Stackless
> Python (2.5.2) for Nanodesktop PSP.
>
> The interpreter works, but it is tooooo
> slow.
>
> So, I want to ask this: is there some
> option/#define that I can pass to
> pyconfig.h that makes faster the
> interpreter ?
>
> Which are the #define that affect the
> performance of Stackless Python ?

I imagine that if Stackless Python is too slow, then Python alone
would be equally as slow.  So, any way of speeding up Python in
general would be what you are looking for, and you would be asking it
of a wider audience with more likelihood of helpful answers if you
asked it in a forum specific to the general Python language usage.

Maybe google for information on optimisation flags for compilers,
non-computed goto patches and whatever else asking around in a general
Python forum might dig up.