[Stackless] My Stackless maintenance work

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 23:38:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Aleksandar Radulovic<alex at a13x.info> wrote:
> First of all, I wish you all the luck in your future endevours, and I
> hope you will find
> a way to continue actively working on Stackless.

I have no intention of stopping my maintenance work.  The donations I
am asking for are in no way essential, it just allows me to do the
work without hindrances.  Whether those hindrances are concern for
bandwidth usage, additional time required for development efforts
because of limited development tools or less than optimal builds
released due to other limitations in the development tools available
to me.

> I'm not familiar with the details of your relationship with CCP (right
> now, after quitting).
> I understand that Stackless Python is a core value for CCP, I would assume that
> they would be more than willing to help you (even financially) to continue your
> work on Stackless. If Stackless is so important to them, and I'm sure it is,
> that would be a logical outcome.

C.C.P. has contributed a lot to Stackless over the years, from initial
support of Christian Tismer, to paying Kristjan Valur and myself to
fly over to PyCon in Dallas to bring Stackless up to date with the
help of Christian again.  They have also made working time available
to both Kristjan Valur and I over the years to do our Stackless
maintenance work, as well as access to company resources and continued
travel to PyCon for both of us.  As some detail on company resources,
it was even arranged to get an AMD64 linux box to aid tracking down of
bugs in that configuration, despite the fact that EVE does not use
Linux.  I've lost track of the number of things C.C.P. has given to
Stackless over the years.

I thought I'd ask the community and see what happens.