[Stackless] Stackless repository cloned at github

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:53:19 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Wojciech Kaczmarek
<kaczmarek.w at gmail.com> wrote:
> I converted the Stackless SVN repository to Git and published it at Github:
> http://github.com/kunley/stackless/tree
>
> Right now it has branches containing released versions 2.4.4, 2.5.2, 2.6.1,
> 3.0.1. I use it as a convenient way to peek at the code changes -- git is
> especially brilliant when you want to do it offline; others may find it
> useful as well. I don't automatically follow the trunk as I don't need it
> but I can do it if anyone is willing (I can add *-maint branches as well,
> the commits are already there). If not, I will at least update the repo with
> subsequent releases.

Thanks.  I am sure that if anyone wishes to use git and not go through
this effort themselves, this will save them effort.

Note that there was recently discussion about distributed version
control on the Python committers mailing list, relating to preparation
of a future PEP and git is not in the running.  If Python switches to
a distributed version control, Stackless will most likely switch with
them, as they host us.  However, distributed version control system
choice is not a topic for this mailing list.