[Stackless] Channel Preference Document and Suggestions

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 16:30:51 CET 2009

Hi Chris:

> Looks very good -

Thanks. I see a few grammatical errors but I'll correct them.

>I didnt understand the preferences myself
> until now, so thank you.

Once again thanks. I never knew channel preferences existed until Christian told me about them. It was fun writing little code samples to experiment with channel preferences. This was also a reason to start looking at Stackless code (channelObject.c). This may sound silly but I got a kick out applying ideas I originally saw in an operating systems book twenty years ago (of course we should be applying the ideas we read in computer science textbooks but...)!

>I would recommend more discussion of how "No Preference" acts, which may >require more sample code in Preferences.py.  Im assuming No Preference >would act like Sender preference when current tasklet Sends, and Receiver
> preference when current tasklet Receives.

Okay, let me look into this. Once again, Chris, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Andrew