[Stackless] Gsoc 2009:Asynchronous IO support

kartik rustagi kashes911 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:03:45 CET 2009

Hi, I am interested in implementing Asynchronous IO support in
stackless. As it has been mentioned on the wiki that what you are
looking for is something similar to the way sockets do IO. I have some
experience in Asynchronous servers (asyncore module), and asyncore
uses a queue along with a dictionary mapping to implement Asynchronous
IO. In the case so stackless microthreads a similar queue can be
maintained and a dictionary mapping too having mapping of
microthreads. Am I thinking in the right direction? Kindly suggest me
the way you think this should be implemented.

Thanks
Regards
Kartik Rustagi