[Stackless] Google Application Engine Thread on Stackless

Alain Poirier alain.poirier at net-ng.com
Tue Mar 24 20:17:31 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 18:11:50 Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> Btw,
> I am led to understand that Nagare uses the Paste http server.

Right, Paste is the default "standalone" HTTP server.

> We have already modified paste to use StacklessIO for some in-house
> experiments a while back.

Wahoo, Nagare running on StacklessIO. I can't wait to hear about the results
:)

BTW, the HTTP server can be changed in a configuration file, using the
'-c' switch. And new publishers can easily be registered with a setuptools
entry-point (http://www.nagare.org/trac/wiki/PublisherConfiguration).

For example you can launch the demo application, served by the eventlet
server with :

  nagare-admin serve -c core/conf/publishers/eventlet.cfg demo

And, of course, the problem of blocking accesses to the database still remain.