[Stackless] Google Application Engine Thread on Stackless

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 01:28:00 CET 2009

Hi Christian:

--- On Thu, 3/26/09, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:

> Not to be misunderstood, I really support it and find it
> useful. But is there anything about pickling that cannot be
> replaced by something else?  I think, while being tedious, in principle >it is always possible to emulate this.

Okay pickling is not necessary but I think it makes certain problems much easier. Moreover I think Stackless is richer, not poorer for having it. I think the issue is to develop the idioms for using pickling properly.

> IOW, for a Stackless without pickling, it would be  possible >to implement it in plain Python, given that some introspection is >available.
>
> Please spend a couple of thoughts about it,
> and tell me if I'm wrong or right?

Offhand, some form of code injection comes to mind. However I think that is messy. Let me think more about this.