[Stackless] Stackless API docs?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:33:26 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Andrew Francis
<andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> > From: Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
>>No-one has ever volunteered the time to do documentation for Stackless
>>unfortunately.
>
> I just wrote a document on channel preferences. Only one person commented on it. I wrote sample code for deadlock detection and a fairly extensive explanation of the problem.  No one commented on that. That is okay, I put the stuff out there. However I consider all of the aforementioned a volunteer effort.

Andrew,

Clearly I know there is some documentation there, I've written a lot of it.

Frankly, I am embarrassed to say.. look here's the wiki, there's some
stuff in there which covers something, and here's the example code,
maybe you can search through all that stuff and find some code that
vaguely references something you want to know about, maybe search the
mailing list archives as well.

It's saying, if you want to use Stackless, you'll most likely have to
research the answers you want yourself.  And I alluded that Simon
would have to do this in my reply.

So what can my statement mean given we both know there are bits and
pieces of documentation? You may not know that I've written a decent
amount of it myself.  Perhaps that if someone asks for documentation
for Stackless, that the honest answer is that there isn't any and
users are left to do the work of researching the bits and pieces.  And
that the reason there isn't any, is that no-one has ever taken it on
themselves to make a proper set.