[Stackless] [Fwd: Wtrlt: Antw: Re: implementation of 'goto' for stackless python]

Guy Hulbert gwhulbert at eol.ca
Fri Mar 27 22:20:59 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-27-03 at 13:29 -0700, Phoenix Sol wrote:
> Maybe if I looked at a Python implementation of goto, instead of
> wasting your precious time, then I would get it...

[snip]
>         Personal preference.  Not believing the "goto considered
>         harmful" hype.

What part of "Personal preference" confuses you ?

I don't use goto much even in FORTRAN (any more) but I have an old
program (from 1965) written in FORTRAN 2 and I'm not going to rewrite
it.  If I modify it, I will preserve the existing style (original author
gave me a copy).

Perl also has a 'goto' but I've never used it and I've never seen anyone
ranting about its existence on mailing lists.

--
--gh