[Stackless] Questions about Pickling Examples and Uthread

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 20:46:37 CEST 2009

Hi Folks:

After reading the Stackless verus Lua thread and learning about Lua's Pluto, I have been writing new examples of how to use pickling for process serialization. Hopefully I can have some sort of write-up in the next two weeks.

I am trying to figure out what would make process serialization easier and more useful for the average Stackless developer. For instance, I copied Richard's approach in the Wiki and I extended tasklet to processTasklet by adding a parentId and processId attribute. This way it is easier for me to work on groups of tasklets at once.

Then I noticed namedTasklet in uthread. When I started learning Stackless, I looked at uthread. I tend to write the examples with an eye to incorporating them into my own work. This means I also use Twisted as well as writing my own uthread like module. However I am wondering if it would be more useful to work from uthread for illustrations? I think process serialisation is something a lot of people need to play with in order to figure out what works right.

Cheers,
Andrew