[Stackless] Wikipedia query

Stephan Diehl stephan at transvection.de
Tue May 12 21:56:47 CEST 2009

Richard Tew wrote:
[...]
> I would say that the wikipedia entry isn't wrong as such, it is just
> vague, and misleading because of that.  Tasklets run concurrently.

I probably didn't have the right definition of 'concurrently'.
Wikipedia says about Concurrency:
"""
In computer science, concurrency is a property of systems in which
several computations are executing simultaneously, and potentially
interacting with each other. The computations may be executing on
multiple cores in the same chip, preemptively time-shared threads on the
same processor, or executed on physically separated processors.
""" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrency_(computer_science))

In that sense, it seems to be a bit of a stretch to claim that tasklets
run concurrently. But I'm probably nitpicking here :-)

Cheers, Stephan
[...]