[Stackless] Preparing Stackless Python 3.1a2

Carlos Eduardo de Paula carlosedp at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:25:02 CEST 2009

I have found the problem that prevented build-installer.py script
generate the DMG installer for MacOS.

The script calls ./configure with "--with-computed-gotos" parameter.
This enables the #define USE_COMPUTED_GOTOS on pyconfig.py and
generates the error described in my last message.

Removing the parameter from ./configure, the script build the DMG but
I haven't installed/tested it yet (yesterday, I finished the tests too
late).

As soon as I can test it, I can make the DMG available for someone
else test it as well.

Carlos

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Carlos Eduardo de Paula
<carlosedp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I`ve been trying to build the DMG installer for Stackless 3.1 with no
> success. When I compile Stackless using the basic "./configure &&
> make" the interpreter is build correctly and passes all tests but when
> using the script Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py I got problems
> when it compiles ceval.c.
>
> Here attached is the output of the whole process. The error can be
> seen in the end of the file.
>
> Just as a test, I`ve been able to compile a checkout of vanilla Python
> from http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/py3k repository.
>
> The Stackless repo i`m using is:
> http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/py3k
>
> Regards,
>
> Carlos
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>> On 5/6/09 7:30 PM, Carlos Eduardo de Paula wrote:

>>> Now trying to build a DMG installer.
>>
>> Nice!
>>
>> cheers - chris
>> --
>> Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
>> tismerysoft GmbH             :     Have a break! Take a ride on Python's
>> Johannes-Niemeyer-Weg 9A     :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
>> 14109 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
>> work +49 30 802 86 56  mobile +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 30 80 90 57 05
>> PGP 0x57F3BF04       9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619  305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04
>>      whom do you want to sponsor today?   http://www.stackless.com/
>>

> --
> Carlos Eduardo de Paula
> carlosedp at gmail.com