[Stackless] Problem with Count Objects (itertools) and pickle?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:32:51 CET 2009

2009/11/3 Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>:
> I've been planning to pitch the idea to C python people that iterators be made picklable in vanilla python.
> It seems like a perfectly reasonable extension to the language, and I'm sure the stackless python people would be willing to share some of the experience from stackless to make it happen.
> The tricky part, which stackless has done, is to make generators picklable.

While in general, we don't want to adopt functionality changes that
have not been adopted by Python, I think when it comes to making
Stackless work as advertised this sort of change should be made ASAP.

If Andrew or anyone makes a patch that does the trick for this or any
other "new" feature that prevents Stackless from working as
advertised, we'll commit it as soon as it is ready.