[Stackless] priority patch

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 00:46:24 CET 2009

2009/11/6 Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com>:
> Yes it is about time Stackless evolves. A part of the solution
> is to add tools, i.e., a debugger. Another part of the solution
> is new language features - I don't see why Stackless could not
> add new language features, for instance event handlers. Also for
> once and for all, some real analysis concerning I/O.

I am inclined towards the notion that all new additions to Stackless
should be developed as third-party solutions, including Kristjan's
proposed Stackless tools library.  At some later stage, once they have
most importantly actually been worked on and have been proven to be
suitable, then inclusion into the Stackless distribution might be
considered.  The exception being where the standard library is being
fleshed out to deal with the existing functionality not working or
lacking proper Stackless supoort.. for instance, the existing
debuggers.

One of the things I appreciate most about Stackless is that is is a
stable set of minimal functionality done with a minimal amount of
changes to the underlying Python source code.