[Stackless] Google's new Go programming language

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 21:43:39 CET 2009

Hi Larry:

>Select (on inputs) requires single-receiver channels. Multiple senders are >OK. Given that restriction, a select can be implemented without race >conditions.

Okay I think I get what you are saying. If you are doing a receive(), having multiple senders is okay. And if you are doing a send(), having multiple receivers are okay. However if you are doing a receive, and there is another receiver beats you to the punch, that is a problem. With a little change to the select() interface, this could be detected and an exception could be raised.