[Stackless] Fwd: Stackless Python 2.6.3 for OSX (dmg)

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Oct 6 15:01:38 CEST 2009

I think the "correct" thing to do is whatever the regular Python
team does for OS-X builds (under the implicit Stackless "be as
compatible
as possible" principle).

I believe that the build script by default should build a universal
version
against SDK 10.4u which is compatible with 10.4 to current (and
theoretically with 10.3
with all updates -- and theoretically future versions as well as Apple
is trying
to make 10.4 as forward compatible as possible).  It looks like
something changed very recently
( http://bugs.python.org/issue6957 )  so there may be some issue with
10.6
which I don't know about.

I assume (but haven't checked) that the DMG on the python.org site
for OS-X is still against 10.4u.

P.S. Much of this will soon be moot for 2.6.3 ... it sounds like 2.6.4
will be out very
soon due to a couple of problems with the 2.6.3 release...