[Stackless] Fwd: Stackless Python 2.6.3 for OSX (dmg)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Oct 6 15:36:34 CEST 2009

Richard,

On 6 Oct, 2009, at 5:27, Richard Tew wrote:

> MacOS users.  What's up with the MacOS version on these installers?
> Does it matter? Can I just provide one of them for all versions of
> MacOS, are separate versions needed?  Can't you all just move to
> Windows? (I kid on that last one)

I haven't build the DMG's below, but the intention of the build-
installer.py script
is that you end up with a binary that works on OSX 10.3.9 or later.
There is no
need to have 3 versions of the DMG.

This works fine for plain python, I use the script to create the
binary installers
for macosx on the python.org website.

BTW. Could you (the stackless project) please consider to install
stackless as
"Stackless.framework" instead of "Python.framework". This would allow
users
to have both a regular python and stackless python installed. The
attached
patch changes the default name of the framework install, but breaks
the build-installer.py script because that assumes that the default name
is Python.framework.

Ronald