[Stackless] (no subject)

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Sat Oct 10 13:15:49 CEST 2009

I must agree with Richard.
However, I have already done this research to a small degree when I was writing code to explore deadlocks in eve.
Here is a snippet that prints out information about a tasklet, this is from a subclass of stackless.tasklet:

def __repr__(self):
        abps = [getattr(self, attr) for attr in ["alive", "blocked", "paused", "scheduled"]]
        abps = "".join(str(int(flag)) for flag in abps)
        return "<TaskletExt object at %x, abps=%s, ctxt=%r>"%(id(self), abps, getattr(self,'storedContext', None))

the documentation for the four attributes is in the source.
blocked paused and scheduled are not independent.
a tasklet can be either blocked or paused, not both.
and if it is, it is not scheduled.

a tasklet that isn't actually running is either blocked, paused, or scheduled.
I can't remember offhand what is the state of a tasklet that is is actually running, perhapse none of the above.
alive has to do with whether it has been started (received initial arguments) and not finished, I think.