[Stackless] Duh! RE: Tasklet State RE: (no subject)

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 18:14:06 CEST 2009

Hi Kristjan:

--- On Sun, 10/11/09, Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com> wrote:

AF> However Kristján I don't see that code fragment in
AF> the 2.6.2 source code base. Nevertheless, thank you for the answer

KJ> Sorry, it is from the EVE code :)

Actually that shouldn't matter. After doing a dir(stackless.tasklet) today for something else today, I looked at the code fragment again and went "Duh!" and realised I made a silly statement.

> "scheduled" = runnable.
> "blocked" = waiting on a channel.
> "paused" = someone took it out of the schedule queue, e.g.
> by a tasklet.schedule_remove()
> add to this the "currently running" state.
>
> In addition, you could consider a new tasklet and a
> finished tasklet to be separate states too.

Well Kristjan, I probably won't have time to look at the tasklet source code and review the API and draw out a state machine for Tuesday. However I will put these changes in my slides.

Cheers,
Andrew