[Stackless] Pickling example using Sieve of Eratosthenes

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 04:27:38 CET 2009

Hi Folks:

I recently did a talk at the Montreal Python user's group. To illustrate the power of Stackless, I adapted Robert Pike's prime number sieve written in Newsqueak for Stackless Python (I was inspired by the Gregario PyCSP example). Like my previous talk,  I got requests from people to see pickling examples (it seems to be an eye opener). So I wrote a version of the sieve that can be pickled and resumed. In this fashion, hundred of thousands of primes can be generated at one's leisure. I have executed the programme in both pypy-c and Stackless Python. I would appreciate comments before putting it in the Stackless repository (however I do that).