[Stackless] Need testers for Stackless 2.6.4

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 08:50:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I need volunteers on any platform, but especially Windows, to compile
and run the tests for Stackless 2.6.4.  My Windows Vista install is
growing flakier as time passes, and I am loathe to reinstall or try to
clean it up.  As such I get false positive test failures whenever I do
a merge, although I can usually rule them out.

In any case, here are the instructions:

  1. svn export
http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release26-maint

  Platform specific compilation instructions:

  2. cd release26-maint
  2a. On linux:
        ./configure
        ... edit Modules/Setup to enable things like zlib and cPickle ...
        make
  2b. On windows:
        ... Open PCbuild solution with Visual Studio ...

  Platform specific Python test suite instructions:

  3a. On linux: ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py
  3b. On windows: PCbuild\python.exe Lib\test\regrtest.py

  Platform specific Stackless test suite instructions:

  4a. On linux: ./python Stackless/unittest/runAll.py
  4b. On windows: PCbuild\python.exe Stackless\unittest\runAll.py

If on running the Stackless test suite you get a test failure about
"Leakage from other tests", please ignore it.  This is a true claim,
but does not represent any problem other than the test suite needing
some clean up.

On getting the thumbs up from enough people, I will do the release for
Stackless 2.6.4, hopefully including the recently submitted patch.