[Stackless] Stackless Python and PyPy Stackless.py

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 00:25:23 CEST 2009

Hi Folks:

Again as a part of my Stackless Python talk, I wanted to include a section on the "Future." I assume a part of Stackless Python's future is PyPy? Or am I being presumptuous?

Regardless I would like to end the talk with a brief section on PyPy. I noticed the Stackless.py module in lib that contains the Stackless implementation in Python.

What I plan to do in my talk is show how a rough approximation of Limbo's alt (selecting the first ready channel from a list) could be implemented.

I am a newbie in regards to PyPy. However I have been reading the Stackless documentation. I thought it would be neat if I ended the talk with redoing this, but in PyPy as a part of how one could quickly prototype new Stackless Python features. Any thoughts? Is there anything gotchas?

Cheers,
Andrew