[Stackless] [pypy-dev] Stackless Python and PyPy Stackless.py

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:04:42 CEST 2009

Hello Andrew,
     I'm currently experimenting with PyPy's implementation of
Stackless to add new features for a university master degree project.
I chose PyPy's implementation because it's easier to play with Python
code than with C code. Also, since PyPy is "still experimental", it
was the best implementation to choose to hack with and I don't regret
my choice. What I'm trying to achieve is to add distributed features
to Stackless:

- Local and networked channels with automatic switch between both
- Easy tasklet migration to a remote host, keeping the channel
connections between tasklets.
- Transparent/automatic dependencies migration when a tasklet is sent
to a remote host.

Most of the features are done and I'm currently working on the
dependencies migration. The only bad part is that I'm doing this
project part time since I have a full time job but I have to complete
the programming part in the next two months (I've been working for too
long on this).

If you're interested to see what I've done, just ask! :)

See ya,

Gabriel