[Stackless] [pypy-dev] Stackless Python and PyPy Stackless.py

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 00:12:58 CEST 2009

Hi Gabriel:

I believe you are in Montreal? And yes I would be interested in knowing
about your work!

A quick note - I will be giving a talk on Stackless on Wednesday. The talk may be too elementary for you.

http://montrealpython.org/

And yes I am very interested in using PyPy for experimenting with new
Stackless features. In my case, I am chiefly interested in workflow constructs. So stuff like the Limbo alt statement, join/wait, event handlers.

What particularly interests me is prototyping the features
in PyPy to get the behaviour and interface correct. Then moving the
features to Stackless. Of course, this would require me to improve my knowledge of Stackless internals.

In terms of pickling (I am assuming you are delving into this for
process migration), I have done some work with swapping. My experience so far has been to do swapping, one needs to introduce some notion of 'process.'

Cheers,
Andrew